The Marcus Harris Foundation is pleased to announce the launching of the Marcus Harris Poetry Fellowship. Established by internationally renowned poet and philanthropist Marcus Harris, the fellowship is designed to encourage young poets to pursue further writing and publishing efforts. One (1) $500 fellowship will be awarded based on the quality of the applicant’s writing sample.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and no older than 30 years of age as of December 31, 2018.
- Applicants must include 10 typed self-standing poems highlighting at least 3 different topics (e.g. politics, love, current events, etc.). Previously published poems may be submitted. Poems must be accompanied by a cover sheet featuring your name, address, brief bio (no more than 3-4 lines), and a statement of how you intend to spend the fellowship funds.
- Materials must be received by no later than March 31, 2019.
- Please email all application materials to the following address:
March 31, 2019